Thursday, February 22, 2018

Tamrom BBAR MC 60-300mm 3.8-5.4

Price paid 2017 --> 15 euros


The lens




It is not the range I like, but it was so cheap I couldn't resist.

I decided to test it at a local horse racing. Weather was not really good, lot of clounds, poor like, had to go up to 800 ISO.


So this is a 60-300mm all shot @ f8

60mm
 

center



300mm - surprisingly good



Center




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


100%



Shooting at 300mm was easier than I thought, but when subject move fast, Is is a nightmare and fustrating. You start to cry "I want an AF, I want an AF !"

But missing by an hair the sweet spot is part of the game, like this shot below slightly out of foucus.

So my technique is to prefocus the ground, and when horse arrived I shoot and hope one will be in focus.




100%



It is not a bad lens, it is very good in my opinion (remember 15 euros !!!) and considaring the bad weather and lack of contrast during the day, lens handle well.




100%



But expect lot of junk, lot of regrets for those shots you could not have because of your slow brain AF.






















Anyway, Thumb up, if you found one cheap, go go go.

No comments:

Post a Comment